Thursday, October 13, 2016

On and Off My Needles

With unpacking winding down, I've been able to get back to my knitting.  And there are some deadlines quickly approaching, the biggest one being our third grandchild's arrival at the end of the year!  Henry is going to be a big brother and this is the first of several projects I have planned.


The pattern is Drops' Cozy and Cute, available free here.  It's a fun and fairly quick knit that gives you a nice, solid, warm pair of pants.  I used Cascade 220 Superwash so it's very soft too.  I began one pair and didn't like how the cast on looked, so I frogged it and re-did it with a waste yarn tubular cast on that ended up looking much better.  I used the instructions by Terry Matz on Craftsy.  

After months of staking out different yarn shops' restocks, I finally got my hands on some Three Irish Girls Rocket Man - it's gorgeous!  I knit up a ribbed hat from this pattern - the sizes seem a bit off.  I have a pretty small head, so I used the teen/small adult pattern and I can barely get it on.  This one's destined for a grandchild and I'll make another, bigger one for myself.


My current addiction is the cabled cardigan I'm working on for Henry.  I'm fascinated by the twisting cable pattern!  


The pattern is from a Sirdar pamphlet that was a little hard to come by.  If I'd been in England, it would've been no problem as there were many shops to order it from.  With postage to the US that was at least double the cost of the booklet!  I ended up finding a copy from a Canadian yarn store that was much more reasonable.  I'm using EuroBaby's Kid Cotton.

I'll leave you with a hint of the project I'll show you next week - it's pretty fun!


Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment