Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Inspiration - Jan Friedman

Collage is the first art form I can remember actually noticing and getting excited about.  It was in Mrs. Fiedler's third grade class - there were piles of fabrics, laces, and amazing papers that I'd never seen (or noticed) the likes of before!  I settled on creating a velvet skunk that I believe was walking in the forest, more because I wanted to use that wonderful piece of black velvet than because I was particularly fond of skunks.  I'm still fascinated with collages and tend to be drawn to artists who work with them.

Jan Friedman designs fiber collages from her weavings, surface designed fabrics, and found items from nature in a way that is beautiful and inspiring.  I particularly like the way she plays with shadows and light.

Forest Floor Recalled

Evening Shadows

Shadows IX

Be sure to check out her other work on her website here.

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment